October 16, 2011

Flea Market Finds and A Birthday Week

On 10.10  I will be turning 28. Yeah! Jon, the boys and I went up north to see our families. My mom and I had a BIG day ahead of us since we were going to the Lake County Fairgrounds to walk around a flea market. I found some neat stuff. I got an old lantern for $12. I saw a couple of them that were cheaper but this one was really nice so I felt like it was a good deal. I wish that we had gone earlier than we did since I feel like we were only able to go through half of the flea market. We had a whole other side that we did not make it to. So my mom and I plan to go next time earlier. Jon went to take out the bike that they are selling to some biker bars. He had some people interested in it but no takers. Sad face. I hope they can sell it before the end of the riding year. It is coming up fast…

My mom and I also went to a Goodwill by her house. I think I will never go to Goodwill on a Sunday. Way too busy for me and I felt like I was in the way of others looking at things. I could have missed some good stuff… I did happen to find this old crate that had a cut out of a star.

Jon had to cut down a tree limb that my mom had that was hanging too low in the front of the house. We ended up getting some firewood from the tree limb as well. I took some dead branches that I liked to put in my pail that I have on the shelf as well. We went out to dinner with my Mom to Chili’s. My favorite place to eat… only problem was that I think that my mom and I who shared the Fajitas got moldy cheese…. So I ate around it and it was ok. I did not get sick so that is a plus.

It’s my BIRTHDAY! Happy Birthday to myself. I went to work to find my cube all decorated for the celebration. The day went by really, really fast so that was a good thing. After work Jon and I headed to Chicago to support our friends since her grandma just pasted away last week. She ended up giving us the wrong street address and ended up going through some interesting neighborhoods… I had to make sure that my doors were locked at all times. We ended up getting home around 10:30 and I was so exhausted I went to bed. Not sure why I was so tired but I guess I needed my beauty rest.

Jon and I are trying to figure out what to do for a birthday dinner (which all I want is for Jon to cook a meal this week.) Not too much that I am asking for. Jon has to work all week and will probably only have Sunday off so it is a little hard to have him cook on the weekdays unless he has his day off, then I ask him to make dinner that day. I use to have him pick out what he wanted to make but now I just choose for him since I am already at the grocery store and can just pick up the ingredients then.

This morning Jon and I did not want to get up. Seems like we super exhausted from last night. I have been getting so many comments recently on blog. It feels really good. It is like I am finally getting out there. People have the sweetest comments that they are leaving. I have been trying every night to go back and email each person that leaves me a comment and then I go and check out their blog.

I am once again thinking about changing the layout of my blog. I cannot seem to get it right. I seems to be changing it more and more since I started visiting other blogs. I see something that I would want to put on mine and then it just spins out of control. So here I am again thinking of how I can change my blog. I was thinking maybe have a side bar again. I guess I will have to play around with it this week.

Last night I played around with my table top studio. I was able to get in some natural light photos but I ended up having to making dinner so I did not have much time to get the right lighting but when I looked at them on the computer I was pretty impressed with myself. I actually said out loud “I took that?” It was funny. Jon was busy in the garage and I went back up stairs after dinner and made a plate so that I could photograph it. I think that is what I should do either take the photo before or after dinner. I know before is probably the best but I will see how it goes. I took out some fabric that I was going to use to make a quilt and use as the “table cloth” for the photo. 

I could not believe how BRIGHT the lights that I am using. I felt like I was blinded. I know they are not the correct lights to be using but I have no other option. They were free. I guess I will just have to get really good at photoshop with adjusting them. Hehe. I think I will manage. I have been playing around with my blog and still not sure about it. What do you think? Should I change or add something? I need to also work on the other pages that I have on this site. I have been so worried about the first page that the others have been neglected. Time to work on those as well. To many things on my To-Do list. Another thing I need to do is work on my photography website.
Jon got off work a little later than normal last night which was fine since we were headed to our neighbors house for Jon to help him out with their car since there were some problems with it. They made us homemade sliders with French Fries. They actually tasted like White Castle’s hamburgers. Not that I have ever eaten there but that is what Jon said they tasted like. The girls were inside painting our nails while the boys worked in the garage on the car. I finally took off my skull and cross-bone nail polish that I had on for a week. I brought over some nail polish from work and it was the new line of Kardashin colors that are coming out later this year and painted my nails that color. 

There was a update for the iphone and I was so excited to get that going I did not realize that it would take about six hours to update my phone. I could not believe it. Finally around 11pm it was finished. Crazy! There are some pretty cool features on it but I was a little disappointed that it does not have the Siri on it. I thought for sure that I would get it but it must only be on 4s phones… I think tonight I will have to play around with the phone a little more while I am updating my photography website. Too much to do in such little time. I cannot wait until the weekend. I think that I will busy playing with my websites and my new photo studio. Should be fun!

I came home to find Jon home from work early. He ended up having a half day on Thursday. He was busy working on the motorcycle. Since it had rained earlier in the day after getting off the phone with my mom I ran, got my camera and went outside to take photos. I love how plants have water droplets on them after a good rain. We were suppose to have French Dip Sandwiches for dinner but it was not thawed out completely so we ended up having blueberry waffles and eggs. Not bad; it’s a easy meal. 

I worked on my blog and adjust photos for my next post. I also started working on my photo blog. I think that I am going to try and schedule some posts to post every day. We shall see how that works since I have always hit the publish button once I was finished with a post. My wrists have been hurting with the cooler weather coming and plus I work on a computer ALL day and then I come home to work on the computer too. My poor wrists.

Earlier on Saturday I was crazy busy working around the house, cleaning and working on my blogs. Jon's Uncle wanted me to make homemade chocolate chip cookies for them and the farmer's wife where they go hunting. For some reason I can make french bread but for the life of me I cannot get the hang of making cookies. I think it is kind of funny. I talked to my mom for about an hour and a half helping her get her Facebook Page up and running again. While talking to her I asked if she responded to every single comment that someone has made on her blog. She said yes. Then later in our conversation I found out that some emails that I had sent back to thank everyone for the lovely comments that some were No-Reply emails. I felt horrible. Everyone took the time to write sweet comments on my blog and here I thought I was returning with an email to bloggers and some never got my emails. So if you have come back this week to check my blog out again Thank you so much for the sweet and lovely comments that you left me last week. (I hope this makes sense on what I just explained...) 

Later that night we ended up having dinner with family to celebrate my birthday at California Pizza Kitchen. Jon and I ended up having a salad and sharing a pizza. I so full from dinner. we ended up going to our neighbors house once we got back to hang out for a little bit before we had to go home. Jon will be hunting tomorrow with his Uncle. I am keeping my fingers crossed that he will get something. I will have a big day on Sunday cooking and finishing cleaning. Yeah! I hope everyone had a great week. What exciting activities did you do? Till next week...

*Recipes This Week*
-Blueberry Waffles
-Crispy Chicken with Roasted Potatoes