BLT Pita Pockets:
- 20 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and coarsely chopped (I did not include this)
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine or red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 4 vine-ripe tomatoes
- 4 cups green leaf or romaine lettuce
- 6 whole wheat pita pocket breads (about 6-inches across)
Cook the bacon on a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, setting aside to drain on a paper-towel lined plate.
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, avocado and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Slice the tomatoes thinly.
Cut pita breads in half and open the pockets. Spoon a dollop of the avocado mixture into the pocket and fill each pita with bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes – dividing all ingredients evenly between the pita breads.