Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- 13.25 oz. box Barilla Whole Grain Pasta (shells, penne or rotini)
- 1 lb. cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 small bell peppers, red and yellow, seeded and diced
- 1 bunch chopped green onions, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup GOOD blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Buffalo Hot Wing Sauce
- 3 cups shredded cheese, divided (cheddar, mozzarella or a blend)
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Boil the pasta in salted water according to package instructions. Drain and transfer to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
Add the cooked chicken, chopped bell peppers, 3/4 of the green onions, and 2 1/4 cups of shredded cheese to the baking dish. Mix well.
Place the garlic, cream cheese, blue cheese dressing and 1/2 cup hot wing sauce in a food processor. Puree until smooth, taste and add another 1/4 cup hot wing sauce if needed. Pour over the pasta and toss.
Mix the remaining 3/4 cup cheese and the Panko together. Sprinkle over the top of the pasta, then sprinkle with the remaining green onions.
Bake until golden, approximately 30-40 minutes.