County Breakfast Skillet
- 6 slices bacon, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 6 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a large heavy skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat until crisp. Remove the bacon to drain. Pour off all but 3 tablespoons of dripping.
Heat the drippings remaining in the pan until sizzling. Add the bell pepper, onion and potatoes; cook, stirring gently, until the potato cubes are browned.
Sprinkle on the shredded cheese and stir until melted. Add the eggs and cook, stirring gently, until the eggs are set. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle on the crumbled bacon and serve at once.