French Toast BLT's
E is for Eat
E is for Eat
- 4 slices brioche bread (or 8 baguette slices)
- 2 large slices Applewood smoked bacon, cut in half
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk (or you can use cream or 1/2 and 1/2)
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- fresh ground salt & pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 Roma tomato slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
The night before you plan to make the BLTs, set the sliced bread out on the counter to dry out slightly.
In the morning, preheat oven to 375. Place bacon on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Cook until golden and crisp, about 15-20 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees.
While bacon cooks, whisk together eggs, cream, chives, Parmesan, and flour. Season with salt and pepper. Lay bread in a single layer in a large shallow dish and coat with egg mixture. Soak 20-30 minutes, turning once.
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium. When butter sizzles, add bread and cook until golden and crisp around edges, about 3-5 minutes per side, flipping once. Transfer cooked pieces of bread to an oven safe plate in a warm oven until ready to serve.
To serve, layer tomato, lettuce, and bacon on a slice of French toast, and top with another slice or serve open-faced.