POTATO CORN CHOWDER
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large leek OR Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups Milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups roasted corn kernels
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Emeril's Essence Creole Seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Melt butter in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add leeks and bell pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk and flour, and cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in vegetable broth, corn kernels, potatoes, Emeril's Essence, thyme and salt.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chives.